Friday, December 7, 2007

Stupid Boys

Is that a Pink Lambert or are you just glad to see me?



For those of you who aren't into really old recordings - the Lambert Company was a record producer in the very early 1900s (approximately 1902-1903.) Their records were cylinder-shaped - not the more familiar flat discs. And many of their records were a vivid fuscia color--a color that I have previously described to friends as dog-dick pink. They are VERY phallic, and VERY rare, usually fetching several hundred dollars each. I thought of this blog title a long time ago - and it would make a great T-shirt slogan; but NO ONE would get it! And that's one of my problems these days.

What do you do when almost all of your interests are so off-beat from the world around you that you barely fit in? I collect old books; old records; love opera; and old movies. In previous decades this would have screamed fag! Fag! FAG! I'm not sure what it screams now because most of my gay friends are into rock, sports, and their Playstation or X-Box. Granted, everyone still loves sucking-dick, but really, weren't we supposed to be the smart and artsy types?

Almost everyone I know is apolitical (which means you don't care much about politics.) I thought perhaps I'd better define it - though I hope that wasn't necessary. I grew up in a fairly leftist household and am used to talking extensively about the world we live in and what's wrong with it. Nobody much wants to do that anymore. Sure we all complain about Bush, but where is the passion to save the world? It was there in the '60s and '70s when I was growing up; but it seems to have vanished. Talk about the Big Chill.

I'm generally very forgiving of other's belief-systems. I know a couple Log-Cabin Republicans; I know some Radical Faeries; I know lots of atheists (including myself); as well as agnostics, Jews, Buddhists, and Church of England members. If you are a right-wing fundamentalist chances are you don't hang out with me. But otherwise I feel I'm extremely flexible (I can even suck my own dick - with effort) Sorry, I had to work that in.

But back on point. What's happening to the Gay community? Are we just gonna become HETS that suck each others dicks? Do we just want the right to get married so we can be normal = average = dull?

I do believe that homosexuality is genetic. But if that is so, since we do not (generally) reproduce, there has to be another way we are contributing to society/civilization which keeps the "little-faggot" DNA in the gene pool. I've always believed our contribution was that we were the spiritual, creative, intellectual, artistic, soul of humanity. Of course "breeders" sometimes fill this function - but it used to be filled by the shamans, priests, poets, gurus, actors, artists, authors, and architects that liked to suck dick. What's gonna happen when the queer contribution to civilization amounts to gym equipment, popularizing PA piercings, and playing video-games?

What a world, what a world! Who would have thought some hot little boys like you could destroy our beautiful wickedness!

David
(Listening to
Lucrezia Borgia)

When you talk about this blog later, and you will - be kind.

Copyright 2006 D. H. Maxine.
All rights reserved.

No comments: